Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Meditation

Find myself addicted to meditation...I have downloaded several deep meditations and will be experimenting with different ones over the next couple weeks. The list is as follows:

-Native American Flute and Shamanic Drumming (unguided meditation)
-Discover your Spirit Guide (shamanic journey)
-Deep Relaxation (shamanic drumming, unguided meditation)
-Fulfill Your Heart's Desires (guided meditation)
-Cosmic Love (guided meditation)
-Create your dream life (hypnosis)
-Secret Attractions (guided meditation)
-Discover your name totem ( pagan, guided meditation)
-Connect with your Guardian Angel ( guided mediation)


So far I have dipped into the first two on the list...and am planning on spending more time with them this week. I have found the shamanic drumming exceptionally powerful and have been doing some research on shamanic journeys for a literature presentation tomorrow. I need to strengthen my ability to deeply concentrate in order to get as much as possible from my mediation. After a few sessions of "Discovering my Spirit Guide" I was able to make out what he looked like physically, but still felt like I was merely having a conversation with myself. After doing some research I understand this is normal, the phenomenon of feeling like you are "making up" a journey. However I am told this is not a negative thing but a positive- which will ultimately lead to a deeper understanding and more successful meditation.

I will be keeping my readers posted as a continue on this journey and would love to hear feedback and maybe even shared experiences regarding meditations. Suggestions for other meditations are highly welcome so please share!


No comments:

"Do not choose the coward's explanation"