Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Leonard Cohen "Old Ideas", Toronto, Ontario

        Tonight could not have been more perfect. Leonard's voice has only grown more golden with age and I am truly blessed to have witnessed the magic in that concert hall...his knees buckling-the passion still present in his eyes now drooping, mostly hidden by his infamous hat. My beautiful mother to my right, smiling and clapping, silently enjoying. From my eyes tears were streaming, my heart heavy with meer satisfaction. The swaying bodies of the elderly-their fingers intertwined with their loved one's. I am but a young fan, hopelessly devoted, while they are likely- life long lovers,saying goodbye to the waltzes once shared to his records. Four hours I'd been longing for, I can not ask for anymore-just memories of melodies upon that stage. Proof that beauty comes with age.






No comments:

"Do not choose the coward's explanation"